The Tutoring Program exists at IST since the academic year 2003/04, being pioneer in Portugal in the development and implementation of tutoring activities adapted to the reality of Portuguese Higher Education.
In 2011, the book Monitoring and Tutoring Program: eight years promoting integration and academic success at IST (not translated) was edited by IST Press. This book presents, describes and quantifies the work developed over the first 8 years of the Program’s existence.
The quality of the work developed by the Tutoring Program was distinguished in 2013 by the European Observatory on Good Practices in University Strategic Management, as a Good Practice in the European University context.
Tutoring Program Goals:
- Monitor students’ academic path
- Support the transition from secondary education to higher education
- Soft skills training
- Early identification of academic failure situations
- Training and guidance for students with high academic performance
- Support activities related to Course’s Coordination
- Promote professors teaching skills
- Contribute to improving the quality of teaching at IST
In the year in which the GATu (current NDA) celebrated 10 years dedicated to promoting the success and academic integration of university students, the 1st edition (sold out) of the book published in 2011, Monitoring and Tutoring Program: eight years promoting integration and academic success at IST (not translated) was launched.
You can download the book in Portuguese here:
- Part 1: Framework of the Tutor in the Theories of Development and Academic Self-Regulation (PDF, 32KB)
- Part 2: Institutional Framework of the Tutoring Program (PDF, 13KB)
- Part 3: Tutor Support Office – Description and Evaluation of Activities (PDF, 27KB)
- Part 4: Assessing the Activities of the Tutoring Support Office (PDF, 21KB)
- Part 5: The Challenges of the Tutoring Program for the Future (PDF, 12KB)
- Annex: Chronology (PDF, 2KB)